The marble memorial next to the front steps to our building pays tribute to Franco Americans:
Ce Monument Est Dédié Aux Franco-Americains de Lewiston-Auburn
Between 1860 and 1930 thousands of French Canadians came to the Lewiston area, most by railroad from the farms and villages of Quebec. They brought with them their language, Catholic religion, cultural traditions, and a strong work ethic and transplanted those values here. This monument is dedicated by their descendants to the spirit of faith and optimism which they left to us.