Job Opportunities at the Franco Center
The Gendron Franco Center was established as a non-profit organization in 2000 when its founders saved its home base, the former St. Mary’s Church, from demolition by acting successfully to convince the Roman Catholic Diocese in Portland to transfer ownership to the Center. What followed ownership were years of fundraising efforts to restore the building to its intended beauty, while providing the community with a performing arts center, and diverse educational and cultural heritage programs. Those fundraising efforts continue today.
While the building itself is special, it’s what takes place inside that will truly enable our guests to connect to the performing arts and the diverse cultural heritage of a borderless community.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS will remain open until filled.
Posted January 11, 2021:
Works with: Administrator, Events Manager, Marketing Director
Reports to: Administrator, Board of Directors
Summary of Position:
The Gendron Franco Center can be an exciting place to work at. The Production Manager creates and maintains the schedule of events, rentals and list of participants for the Gendron Franco Center. This person is responsible for acquisition, maintenance, and use of all materials and systems related to performances.
- Provides professional management for the Center’s Events – Performance Series and Heritage Hall Series;
- Represents the Center to the public by collaborating with organizations and artists;
- Identifies, negotiates, and contracts with new talent for the Center;
- Approves rentals and executes contracts with promoters/presenters;
- Collaborates with marketing and vendors regarding design of printed materials;
- Provides pre-event planning and coordination for Center events – including budget preparation for approval of Administrator prior to contracting Center events (this would include costs to acquire necessary equipment and supplies);
- Works with Administrator by supplying details so events can be added to ticket system in a timely manner;
- Gives info to marketing/Administrator to promote on website, social media, eblasts, and design ads as needed for events;
- Collaborates with Administrator for all billing and invoicing;
- Maintains daily End of Day reports to document production tasks completed;
- Uses End of Day reports to create Weekly reports for Administrator and also to update co-workers at staff meetings and to write briefs for the board prior to their monthly meetings;
- Maintain relationships with organizations and groups that have musicians, bands, entertainers, comedians, and performing artists seeking performance venues;
- Coordinate all aspects of technical production as it relates to all events at the Center;
- Maintains and monitors events and production budgets;
- Create light and set designs for each in-house production in a timely manner including floor plans for facilities manager to set up;
- Other things deemed necessary for success of events.
- 3 years of relevant experience as a production/stage manager with lighting/sound skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Must possess strong negotiation skills and have knowledge of contracts
- Must work well with others on the team and independently without supervision
HOURS / DAYS: Flexible evening and weekend hours required. Must have reliable transportation. Production Manager is expected to maintain regular office hours at the Gendron Franco Center. These hours can be reduced by the evening and weekend hours required for events.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter, resume, and the names of three business references to INFOatTheFranco@gmail.com. Send your files as PDF, TXT, or DOC. You will receive an automatic response so that you know we have received your application. If your qualifications are a match for this position, we will contact you for more information so please include your phone number and email address. If you are not a match for the requirements of the job, we will let you know by email. If you need to mail your application, send it to Gendron Franco Center, 46 Cedar Street, Lewiston, ME 04240.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy: Gendron Franco Center is an equal opportunity employer. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity and all candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.