Updated: June 17, 2022
Position: Events Manager
Works with: Administrator and all Staff
Reports to: Administrator
Summary of Position: 15-20 hours a week in house plus events (up to 40 hours)
The Events Manager will be responsible for booking and facilitating non-performance events to be held in Heritage Hall, working in conjunction with the Bar Manager.
- Coordinate with Caterers and design menus/lists for use with our events
- Purchase and maintain inventory of products
- Collaborate with Production Manager regarding catering for functions
- Collaborates with the Bar Manager regarding bar needs for functions
- Handle arranging catering for Franco Center specific events, if needed (our in-house events)
- Provide details for invoicing for all events – use shared events folders
- Maintain a list of photographers, DJs, Florists etc (services that may be needed for events at the Center)
- Coordinates the online calendar with the Production Manager – include notes and contact info for renter
- Assist with the Venue Rental rates for different events/services
- Other responsibilities may be added as needed
- Maintain our linens for our events (caterers should provide own linen or be charged a fee so we can get cleaned afterwards)
- Update wall calendar for Roger/Maintenance
- Print out event details; floor plans, seat set up, stage needs for maintenance crew set up
- Actively solicit new rentals and clients
- Maintain presence for the center on wedding sites
- Maintains End of Day reports to document event tasks; sent to Administrator
- Set up for events – take down (launder if needed) and put away items used for events
- Relevant experience as a banquet/events manager
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Team Player
Evening and weekend hours required of this position. – also need to maintain 12-20 regular in-office hours.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter, resume, and the names of three business references to INFOatTheFranco@gmail.com. Send your files as PDF, TXT, or DOC. You will receive an automatic response so that you know we have received your application. If your qualifications are a match for this position, we will contact you for more information so please include your phone number and email address. If you are not a match for the requirements of the job, we will let you know by email. If you need to mail your application, send it to Gendron Franco Center, 46 Cedar Street, Lewiston, ME 04240.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy: Gendron Franco Center is an equal opportunity employer. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity and all candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.