Updated April 9, 2022:
Works with: All Staff
Reports to: Administrator
Summary of Position:
The Gendron Franco Center can be an exciting place to work. The Production Manager creates and maintains the schedule of events, rentals and list of participants for the Gendron Franco Center. This person is responsible for acquisition, maintenance, and use of all materials and systems related to performances. This job requires 4 hours a day in the building plus events – not to exceed 40 hrs a week.
- Provides professional management to the Center’s Events – Performance Series and Heritage Hall Series;
- Represents the Center to the public by collaborating with organizations and artists;
- Identifies, negotiates, and contracts with new talent for the Center;
- Approves rentals and executes contracts with promoters/presenters;
- Collaborates with Dev/Marketing and vendors regarding design of printed materials, approved by Administrator;
- Provides pre-event planning and coordination for Center events – including budget preparation for approval of Administrator prior to contracting Center events (this would include costs to acquire necessary equipment and supplies);
- Works with Administrator by supplying details so events can be added to ticket system in a timely manner;
- Gives info to Dev/Marketing/Administrator to promote on website, social media, eblasts, and design ads as needed for events;
- Collaborates with Administrator for all billing and invoicing; use shared events folders
- Maintains End of Day reports to document production tasks; sent to Administrator
- Uses End of Day reports to create Weekly reports for Administrator and also to update co-workers at staff meetings;
- Maintain relationships with organizations and groups that have musicians, bands, entertainers, comedians, and performing artists seeking venues to perform at;
- Coordinate all aspects of technical production as it relates to all events at the Center;
- Maintains and monitors events and production budgets; in conjunction with the Administrator;
- Create light and set designs for each in-house production in a timely manner including floor plans for facilities manager to set up;
- Other things deemed necessary for success of events.
- relevant experience as a sound and lighting technician for live events
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Must possess strong negotiation skills and have knowledge of contracts
- Must work well with others on the team and independently without supervision
- Team player
HOURS / DAYS: Flexible evening and weekend hours required. Production Manager is expected to maintain regular office hours at the Gendron Franco Center. These hours can be reduced by the evening and weekend hours required for events.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter, resume, and the names of three business references to INFOatTheFranco@gmail.com. Send your files as PDF, TXT, or DOC. You will receive an automatic response so that you know we have received your application. If your qualifications are a match for this position, we will contact you for more information so please include your phone number and email address. If you are not a match for the requirements of the job, we will let you know by email. If you need to mail your application, send it to Gendron Franco Center, 46 Cedar Street, Lewiston, ME 04240.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy: Gendron Franco Center is an equal opportunity employer. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity and all candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.